IPA or ajpiäj

When I enter an ole English pub next time I don't want to make a fool of myself when asking for an IPA. The problem is that I don't know how to pronounce IPA. How do you say it?

Sv: IPA or ajpiäj

Why not try "India Pale Ale"?
or "Aj-pee-eyh"

If it's a good pub, you can ask the landlord what he recommends or maybe ask his to give you a "tour" of his draught beers. 

It reminds me of the first time I was in Amsterdam.  They had a coffee shop chain their called "The Bulldog", like a McDondalds dealing in softdrugs.  Being quite innocent and ignorant to this type of stimula I had no idea what the board with the different brands were meant.  All it said was a bunch of countries: Colombian, Morroccan, Algerian, Mexican etc.  So I asked the guy:

"What is marijuana and what is hashish, all I see is a bunch of countries?" to which the guy behind the counter answered:

"Here we don't ask questions, here we just buy!".

Not at all very helpful.  I must say I'd take a british sulky pub landlord anytime.

Har inte bryggt på ett jävla tag men börjar blir rejält sugen nu.

My question was really just about how IPA is pronounced in English. I've never heard anyone say it, but I have read about it being ordered in pubs quite frequently in British crime novels. For instance, Rebus doesn't drink it himself, but quite a few people he has been drinking with do. Anyway, I turned to Youtube, and I'm quite certain the correct pronounciation is "ai pi äj". 

I haven't been to a Dutch coffee shop, but the first time I was in Thailand (this was in the eighties) I bought a coconut cake one night to go with my evening chai. I woke up in the middle of the night, heart pounding and a strange feeling in my head. I went back to the place and asked about the coconut cake. O that one, that was a hash cake he said with a big smile.

It reminds me when I was in New York some years ago.
I went in to a restaurant to have lunch and a beer.
A friend of mine had recommended some beer, but I couldn't remember the name.
So I asked the waitress what beers that they had in order to see if I recognized the name.
She started to go through a whoule bunch of different beer names, but none of them was familiar to me.

Suddenly I remembered that it was called "Sam" something.
and then she responded
- do you mean Samual Adams?
- Yes, I said

then she said:
- That's not a beer, it's a lager!

So it can be hard to order something in a foreign country

lol

Har inte bryggt på ett jävla tag men börjar blir rejält sugen nu.